Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's or not?

Pin It
                                                          via

  Years ago when my BIL was still dating my Hubby's sister, he decided to play a prank on her. He put a rubber band around a trigger on a kitchen sink sprayer...Very famous trick! He really wanted to get his girlfriend but surely enough, my Mother-in-law was the one who turned on the water first!! Good thing that she's so sweet and forgiving...But I bet his terrified face was precious! This prank has been repeated hundreds of times in our family and with friends (only do it with very close friends who you know for sure will not be offended or annoyed!)

   So are you for or against April Fool's Day? I'm all for some little, funny and easy-to-do pranks. So far today I wrapped a toilet seat with a saran wrap(didn't really work. My 5-year old noticed it...), sew together Hubby's underwear, put some vaseline on a door knob I knew for sure he was going to touch, and put Baby Orajel on his toothbrush. But I truly dislike embarrasing or Internet (aka, hey, I'm pregnant!!!) jokes. I also don't want to spend too much time preparing for a prank- unless it's something totally worth it!

   So what was the best prank you played on somebody, or somebody played on you? What was the worst?

   Oh, and because it's Sunday, I do have a quote for you:

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. "

                  Francis Bacon, the English Philosopher (16th century)


Have a fun day today!
                                                 

6 comments:

  1. We used to take clothes pins to school with us and when the teacher walked by our desk we'd clip them to his/her jacket, shirt whatever. By the end of the morning there would be quite a few hanging there. Or we'd make a sign on a piece of paper "kick me I'm stupid" or something on it, put tape on it and then pat someone on the back and say "hi" leaving the sign taped to their back! (Had that one pulled on me a few times!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to do the same things too back in Russia when I was in school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year I covered the bath soap in clear nail polish. My DH was in the shower saying "I wonder why this wont lather up?" and trying and trying to get it to work. Then I took the top off the shampoo and put plasic wrap under it and screwed it back on. He couldn't figure out why he couldn't get the shampoo out, he tried and tried. I also got my ten year old with those two. For lunch I served the kids punch but it was really jello that I had poured into glasses and put a straw in before it set. All in all it wasn't a stellar year, my best ones were telling everyone that we had exposed them to lice, and listing a free mac book on KSL with my DH's phone number. He got a couple hundred messages in the 10 minutes I left it posted.

    Funny that his trick from so long ago made your blog. He will get a kick out of that. By the end of the night he was saying he couldn't wait for the day to end. Next year I am going to make this: http://familyfun.go.com/april-fools-day/april-fools-food-pranks-gallery-842659/#Rice Cereal Meat Loaf;14 I was just too sick this year to prep for it.

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo...these are awesome. Beware, Hubby, next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't really do anything this April's fool, I didn't get any sort of prank or trick either. Was just a regular day for me. Pranks sure are fun though and you seemed to have a blast.

    Nice quote. Looking forward to next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...