Monday, April 30, 2012

Food waste Monday and a menu, week 4/30-5/6

Pin It   Wow, I can't believe today is the last day of April! Where did the whole month go? I can't complain-this month was good for us, even with some bumps along the road. I'll post my yearly and some monthly updates tomorrow.
   So today is my last update on food waste for the month. I do have a bit of food waste but IT'S NOT MY FAULT! I made some scrambled eggs with bacon for Hubby. He likes to wrap it in a tortilla and eat it for breakfast. So I made him some to last for a week. And he had about half a cup left. He promised to eat it but never did. Instead, I found the Tupperware with eggs on the very back of the fridge :( So here it goes:


   I guess, he got tired of scrambled eggs. Sorry for the terrible picture. I took it late in the evening. I don't know exactly how much money we "wasted" here, I would say no more than 50c.
   But at least it's the only waste we have. We do need need to finish up some bits and pieces of leftovers but it shouldn't be too hard.
 And my menu for this week:

Mon.-BBQ chicken wraps
Tues.-vegetable lasagna
Wed.-fillet mignon, smashed potatoes, salad
Thurs-leftovers
Fr-eating out (Hubby's official graduation ceremony)
Sat-tomato soup/grilled cheese sandwiches
Sun-beef stir-fry, brown rice

 
 Total spent this month :$291.34
Total saved: $158.95
Left to spend this month: $0
YTD spending: $1133.21
YTD savings: $666.88
YTD coupons used: 145
YTD waste: $30.27

4 comments:

  1. Great as always, CONGRATS you are one of the winners of the snap bags, send me your address so I can get it in the mail to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, dear Debby! I come here I find this awesome surprise today :)

      Delete
  2. That's not much food to waste - I reckon you've done really well! Your menu sounds yummy and you're doing great with managing the money too! I'm way behind in everything, including blogging, but at least my spending has been better. (That's if you don't count the $660 in Vet fees last week!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you back! Doctor's bills (including vets) always brake the bank. But I'm happy to know that your dog is doing great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...