My dear Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily kindly presented be with the Sunshine award. I'm so humbled and thankful! Honestly, it was one of these days today. It's grey and rainy outside, I was expecting somebody who never showed up, my peas are still not sprouting in my garden even after 2 weeks...Don't let me start...Carla surely put a little sunshine into my day!
Oh, and when you go to visit her blog, be sure to check out her giveaway. Donate for a great cause and you might be a lucky winner of one of her cutest totes!
The reward comes with a few questions, so here is another glimpse for you into my head (sorry if it's too boring):
1.What is your favorite color?
I actually have two. I love everything green. I love green trees, my green kitchen with a green basil on a windowsill. I love my green shoes, and I even owe a green purse. But I also love white (just not on the walls).
2.What is your favorite animal? Hmmm...never thought of that before.Well, I'm definitely a dog person even though I'm terrified of the bigger kinds-it comes from the time I was very young and got jumped on by a nasty German shepherd-it's definitely one a few kinds I WILL NOT consider a home pet.I think, I like pandas even though I don't know much about them. I just think they are so stinking cute:
3. What is your favorite number? My favorite number is 13. I was born on the 13th, and for some reason I always have luck with this number. I'm not superstitious, and I don't believe for a moment in anything associated with 13. To me it's a good number!
4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? I'm with Carla, I do not consume alcohol period. But I'm not sure what drink is my favorite. I do drink lots of water, at least, 8 cups a day. But I would, probably, go with a milkshake. Vanilla one. I'm funny this way. I love me some full-strength (no diet!) thick vanilla shake...Mmmm
5. Which do you prefer- Facebook or Twitter?
I honestly have never even been on Twitter. I just don't have time for it! But I do love Facebook. Mainly, because it's the best way for me to connect with my friends back home and to see all the new and wonderful things happening to them (like that my very close friend that I haven't seen in more than 7 years is expecting a little girl...I'm so happy for you, Anya, and love you so much!)
6. What is your passion?
My faith, my family, my country, my crafts. Nuff said...
7. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents?
I absolutely love to give! My Dad has a huge bag with gifts for any occasions. I'm a lot like him. I love to give things that I put some work into or look for something special for a particular person. Before we got married, my Hubby would just give cards to everyone. Not anymore :)
8. What is your favorite pattern?
Carla, I'm with you! I love love love stripes...
9. What is your favorite day of the week?
I don't think I'm going to sound new if I say it's definitely Sunday. I love going to Church and being rejuvenated and spiritually uplifted, and I love a quiet time with my family. But I also love Fridays when I know there is a weekend ahead!
10. What is your favorite flower?
Well, this one is easy. I LOVE lilies of the valley:
They are so delicate and smell wonderful. In nature, they love to hide in a shade and only bloom for a very short period of time in May. I have very tender memories from my childhood when my Dad and I would pick them for a bouquet for my Mom in the nearby forest every spring. I miss lilies of the valley here!
And I want to give Sunshine award to these my wonderful friends (because I can't wait to read their answers):
Dear Ms. Sammy Leia at SAMMY Leia Money Saver
Dear Rafiki at Upendilife (you know you asked for it, right? :)