Thursday, May 3, 2012

May goals...finally

Pin It    I finally have a few minutes to post my May goals. I decided to do it a little differently this time. I still have my usual goals of staying under budget. Actually, even more so. Here's why:

   Meet the new addition to our family- Canon Powershot SX40!!! We talked and talked about it, and decided to get it now. I posted before that we were planning to save money for it. But our Kodak this week started dying in the middle of  me taking a picture. Our old camera is about 6 years old, and it's been a pain to use for at least a year. It actually eats batteries within a few hours. But we bought rechargeable batteries, and it helped for a period of time. But now it turns off in a middle of a shot sometimes and doesn't turn back on.
   And with our trip to Antelope Canyon in Page, AZ next week, we just have to have a camera. A good camera. We wanted something that would last for years, and would give us the quality of images we want. We picked it out last night, and I'm still learning and playing with it. But I'm excited! We ended up paying $384 for it (more than $25 in taxes!! Crazy!) but we'll get $18 cash back, $10 gift card and a free Shutterfly book code (that I already have plans for...). We are happy with our purchase so far but we used money from our savings, so I want to put them back as soon as possible. Hence limiting our spending this month. It will not be easy. We are having our 2-day getaway next week (but it's all planned already), 3 Birthdays this month in a family, Hubby's graduation, Mother's Day, landscaping...The list goes on and on...Plus, I will spend quite a bit from our grocery budget this week alone. I have a few very good beer rebates that I need to use before they expire, and we need meat, veggies and ,most importantly, DIAPERS! We are down to 5 diapers here! I'm definitely going shopping very soon!! I think I'm ready to start potty-training. I hope, he's too :)
   I also keep the same fitness goals as I had last month. Hubby won our little competition but we decided to extend it for another month, and I'm even more intended to beat him this time. I lowered my weight loss goal to just two pounds but I want to actually lose it and not gain back right away this time around!!
   I also have a huge list of things I want to do this month, so I will just list them here and update every week by checking off whatever is done. Hopefully, it will keep me accountable and I will actually see a progress :) So here's our list:

Eat vegetarian twice a week: week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4
Have a vacation/getaway
Organize hutch in the living room
Paint picture frame in a bathroom
finish Hubby's Birthday gift (stay tuned...:)
clean/organize a garage
switch all the bills to paper-free (I still have a few)
list more stuff on KSL
have a date
get garden ready for more planting
plant beans, kale, tomatoes, zucchini
exercise : week 1, week 2, week3, week 4
send all the rebates
do front yard landscaping
declutter more
wash windows
buy gifts for Birthdays/ Mother's Day
have a 7-day fiscal fast (only necessary spending)
wash all the garbage cans in the house...

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Lena, I would like a Cannon Rebel, however I am thinking they are pretty price at about $600., so I am thinking I will stick with my Fuji for a bit. I will look forward to seeing all your new photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...