Monday, June 18, 2012

Food waste and a menu, week 6/18-6/24

Pin It    This week is going to be pretty busy, especially for me. But it's all good! I have a big get-together with the ladies from the Church tomorrow and a girls night out on Saturday. They both kind of a potluck, I will need to bring a salad and a dessert. But I'm excited! It would be nice to get out of the house and give the boys some father-son time :) Also my older kid starts soccer tonight and already has a game (???) on Wednesday. It's kind of funny to me that they will have a game when they don't know anything about soccer yet. Oh well, we'll see. So our menu will be pretty simple this week. But first unto our food waste this week. Here it goes:

   
  Yep, we have none. I love no-food-waste weeks. But we have tons of bits and pieces, and little containers of food that need to be eaten very soon. So here's what we'll eat this week:

Mon.- ham and cheese enchiladas, carrots, cantaloupe
Tues.- ham-potato casserole, salad
Wed.- okroshka (Russian summer soup)
Thurs.- fettuccine alfredo, broccoli
Fr.- leftovers
Sat.- chicken salad, sandwiches
Sun.- soup, salmon with rice and peas

   What are you eating this week?

PS-I will link this post to the amazing Kirsten's blog The Frugal Girl and her Food waste Fridays.

12 comments:

  1. i love this--i love to hear what people are eating--we had frozen fish fillets--corn and butter herb mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight we are having Moroccan Chicken with cous cous last night I made my own Beef Burgers.
    Well done on the no waste week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your girls night out!! :) No idea what's on the menu this week...I'm totally winging it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a good menu for the week. we had pot roast tonight with carrots and onions and buttered noodles, and green beans and watermellon...not even a scrap left!
    have fun with the church ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delicious...No wonder there were no leftovers :)

      Delete
  5. Oh please post the recipe for that Russian summer soup! Is it a cold soup? That sounds so fun the potluck I would love to be in a group like that. Have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could post but it requires a certain ingredient that you can't really substitute. It's called kvas, and it's a bread drink that I can only buy in the Russian store. That's a base of "soup". Sorry!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your night out Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on no waste and good luck with your spending fast. When my boys were little and playing soccer, they would put different stuffed animals on the goals. They would tell them something like run toward Tigger. That's how much of a game they played.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic for you! Looks like you are going to have another great wek!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...