Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Inspire Me Sundays- Happy Parents' Day!

Pin It    Did you know that today is Parents' Day? It is celebrated on the 4th Sunday of July.

  "Many Americans are unaware that our nation has a new day of commemoration called Parents' Day. This is good news for America's parents and families. In 1994 President Bill Clinton signed into law the resolution unanimously adopted by the U. S. Congress establishing the fourth Sunday of every July as Parents' Day, a perennial day of commemoration similar to Mother's Day and Father's Day. According to the Congressional Resolution, Parents’ Day is established for "recognizing, uplifting, and supporting the role of parents in the rearing of children."( source )


   I love my parents dearly! They are a great influence in my life. My Mom is my best friend. My relationships with Dad were never easy and we are still working on it. But I've learned so much from both good and bad from him too. And now when I'm a parent myself, lots of things make a lot more sense.

   I also am thankful for other influential people in my life who helped me to shape into a person I am today. When I lived in Siberia in Russia, I knew a couple that cared about me as any parent should. I've learned so much from them!!

   Happy Parents' Day to all of you parents, soon-to-be parents,  empty nest-ers, Grannies and Grandpas and all of you who care about others as if they are yours!!

   And of course I can't leave you without a quote. This one really touched me:

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

                                                     Elizabeth Stone

 
Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...