Wednesday, January 2, 2013

You know what?!!

Pin It
9web8041-1


... I just realized that I had my first ever Blogoversary yesterday!! A year ago on the 1st of January I decided to dive in a world of blogging whole-heartedly. Well, at first, I wasn't sure if I'm going to stick with it or what will happen if I eventually run out of ideas of what to write about. What I didn't expect is how much this blog will become a part of my life and how many friends I will find along the way.

The look of this blog changed three times (some of you might still remember the "rainbow" header from before :). I do hope I've learned a little bit about HTML in the last year :) The content changed quite a bit too. Originally I started this blog because I wanted to write about couponing...Now that was a long time ago :) Then I switched to more of a financial-oriented content. Then, about 6 months into it, I realized that just talking about money is kind of daunting. As much as it's a huge part of my and my family's life, there is just so much more in life than money.

Right now I just write about happenings in our life. And I'm so grateful for all of you, my amazing friends, that you take time from your busy schedule to stop by here and read my ramblings, and leave your kind comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I really do want you to know how much I cherish these friendships even though many of you I have never met in real life. We might be in a different financial situation, live in different countries, have different beliefs and some of you have a few more gray hairs than me (or less :). Some have a big family and others are single. Some of you are amazingly crafty, and others are so good at managing money that I stand here in awe. But you are all talented in your own unique way. Thank you for inspiring me every day!

I do hope next year will be just as amazing as this one was. And I do hope you will stay with me on this journey :)

Sincerely yours.

PS -and I know that it's not really connected but Hubby got a $500 Christmas bonus today that we were absolutely not expecting (he should still get his quarterly bonus soon too). Now that was a pleasant surprise and a great start for our financial goals this year!



15 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I am a relatively new follower, but I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations my dear friend!! Hugs!! :) Keep up the fabulous blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. Congratulations on the bonus.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done on your dh's bonus. Also congrats on your one year bogging anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice way to celebrate your blog anniversary--with a $500 bonus. Congratulations on all accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your blogiversary! (And isn't it nice when something unexpected like hubby's bonus happens?--what a nice way to start 2013!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniverary!!!!!! And congrats on that extra money, way to start the New Year off right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogversary, Lena ! you are wonderful. Congratulations Hubby for such fantastic bonuses !!! Whoohooo a great way to begin a New Year for sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats. I have enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful post. Don't you just love starting a new year with a positive? Enjoying your blog very much. Happy Blogoversary! Looking forward to reading many more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogoversary! I enjoy reading your thoughts and intend to do just that in this new year! :) Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful surprise!!!!! I can't believe its been a year, it seems like I just found your blog yesterday :)

    Heres's to another wonderful year

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blogoversary! Great about the bonus :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...