Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Where did the time go???

Pin It

In the past two weeks both of my boys have started school. The Little One had his first day of preschool last Tuesday:

 photo IMG_1421_zps24149c84.jpg

And yesterday the Kid started his first day of 2nd grade (don't mind the hair...it's his signature look...):

 photo IMG_1437-1_zps96fc61d0.jpg

Where did the time go? I swear, just yesterday I was rocking them to sleep tightly swaddled.... They do grow too fast. Before long, they will be talking proms, cars and girlfriends. What a scary thought...

It's kind of weird to have a couple of hours all for myself a few times a week. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts :) Today I went to Walmart and then chit-chatted with my sister over the phone :) Not much productivity but I'm OK with that :) Once in a while... I will be working a lot for the rest of the week, so a little break means a lot... I do miss their little faces already... When the older one is not here, the little guy seems so lonely... He only has preschool three times a week for two hours and in between he just waits for his brother to come home... I'm grateful that my boys are such good friends... Even though there is almost a 7 year difference between me and my sister, we were always extremely close, and I'm happy to see that both hers and my kids are following the same trend. I hope they will stay friends for the rest of their lives...

So are you excited or sad about kids being back to school (whether you send them to public or private schools or home-school and even away to college)?

11 comments:

  1. Your boys are too precious!

    Rebecca started last week in 2nd grade and Jacob starts preschool next Tuesday. He will go everyday for 2.5 hours in the morning. It will be weird when he is not home. Rebecca loves school. I miss having them home, but know that they love being with the other kids. I may be a basket case in a couple of years when Benjamin starts preschool though and I will have no kids at home :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The social factor is what I love about public school more than anything else. But I do admire homeschooling Moms! It will be a while before all my kids are out of the house, lol :)

      Delete
  2. Your little guys are so cute, Lena! :)
    My son started 2nd grade this week too. I was also thinking how fast time goes. I miss my lil munchkin while he's at school during the day but I love hearing him talk all about his day when he gets home. I like that back-to-school time holds more of a routine for us than summer.
    Enjoy your breaks that you get when can- pretty soon you are going to have 2 more cute little munchkins to keep you hopping. Hope you are feeling well and getting some rest when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm definitely trying to enjoy it while I can. I know i will be looking to these two hours alone even more when the babies are here. I'm still not sure how I'm going to do it all...

      Delete
  3. I never liked it when my boys went back to school--too much stress from homework and school projects. Love the signature hair style--reminds me of what my boys used to do. It didn't matter how much I combed it, they always had it looking messy in no time at all. I guess they had the "typical" all-boy look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the homework! Three days into school and I'm already starting to hate it...

      And he used to have cute curls like his brother but who wants curls when you are almost 8, right? :)...

      Delete
  4. Nothing to add except cute, so very cute. Proud mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOO cute! I love their hair too; so much like my little dude. They do grow so fast, sigh. Keep enjoying every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute. The second one looks exactly like you. Gotta love his signature look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little guys are so cute Lena:) Enjoy every minute your kids are little...time certainly has a way of flying by..Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...