Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brain dump, or don't listen to a sick girl...and a forgotten Food Waste post.

Pin It
                                                            via

   Love it! So me... I never came back to post here yesterday. I think, we are all slowly getting what my baby has. My older Kid started coughing, and I have a headache, a runny nose and a sore throat. On the other hand, Baby finally slept better last night (and by better, I mean, I only had to go to him 3 times as opposed to the previous night when between 8pm and 4am he was up every 30 min, and from 4am to 7am he was up every hour). So I finally got some very needed sleep. And he did too. He still has a fever but we decided to wait another day and see if we have to take him to the doctor after all.
   But I had a great day full of cuddles yesterday! Now that the kiddos are getting older and more independent, cuddles are slowly disappearing, so I really enjoyed having some Mommy-baby time. It breaks my heart to see him so miserable but I love the fact that he needs his Mama. We read some books, played with musical toys, sang songs, or he just slept on me while I was searching a web and typing one-handed. I stumbled upon some interesting and very non-related facts. Like the info that Panda POO TEA was sold for $3000...I'm not sure what to do with this knowledge other than being completely grossed out ! And talking about some wasted money...On the other hand, I've learned some interesting statistics. If 5% of American households switched to electronic bills, statements and payments, they would save 452,819 trees each year...Isn't this number impressive?? Most of our bills are electronic but now I feel even more inspired to get all of them paperless, and also some statements.
   Anyway, I never posted my food waste yesterday. I thought I would have to throw away some frozen ground beef (from my deep freezer) but it turned out to be less old than I thought. It was at the very bottom of my chest freezer but I finally got it all out. We'll be using it some time next week. But here's what we wasted this week:



We had some cooked chicken from a freezer. We used most of it for chicken salad couple weeks ago (who knows, why we didn't use all of it!!!) but this baggie got pushed to the back of the fridge and forgotten. There's about 4-5 spoons of chicken. And a can of mandarin oranges is not our fault. It's supposed to expire in 2014 but it got a little dented, and that's how it's seal might've been broken. It just tasted wrong and had a funky smell. I got mandarin oranges for 29c, and chicken...50c ( a pound is $1.69 here on sale this week)?

So these are my numbers so far:
Total spent this month: $191.97
Total saved: $238.95 (plus I will get $6.97 in rebates)
Left to spend this month: $58.03
YTD spending: $685.58
YTD savings: $497.92
YTD coupons used : 104
YTD waste: $28.07

Well, I better go and do some stuff around the house while Baby is sleeping. Have a wonderful spring day, everyone!! In spite of the fact that it was snowing here the last two days, my tulips are still strong, and they give me hope that spring is somewhere around the corner!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I really need to go paperless on some more things, that is an impressive number...

    Thanks for educating me on Panda Poo Tea... :)

    Hope you are all totally better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my bills come to me electronically and I pay them on line. Basically because its less paper for me to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I need to do!! I'm about 70% there.

      Delete
  3. Aww, sweet times with your babies are the best, they do grow up overnight. Hope you start feeling better, Moms can't take sick days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you whole house is feeling better tomorrow! it is spring here in central Pa..but feels like summer.
    we have all our bills electronically debited to a credit card, where we also get cash back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what panda poo tea is, but I do know they make manure tea by running water through it. It makes great fertilizer that doesn't have to be composted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...