Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cranberry ham rolls

Pin It  

 If you've ever been to Ikea and tried their cafeteria, they serve delicious meatballs with mashed potatoes and some lingonberry sauce on the side. They are SO yummy! When I visited Sweden, I noticed that they use this sauce with almost any meal. It kind of reminds me of cranberry sauce. I like the little sweetness that it adds to the food. This recipe always reminds of the time I was in Stockholm. I don't even remember where I found this recipe (it's been a looong time...) but it's definitely one of our favorites. This is especially great for after Thanksgiving to use up some of that cranberry sauce but I really like it in summer too.

YOU WILL NEED:
Flour tortillas (can use whole wheat too)
Cranberry sauce
Deli ham or turkey
Cream cheese, softened
Lettuce
Tomato, thinly sliced (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Generously spread some cream cheese on your tortillas:


      Add 1/2-1 tsp. cranberry sauce per each tortilla:


   Put a few slices of meat and a piece of salad on one half. Add a couple of slices of tomatoes, if using them (I usually do, just didn't have any this time):


   Roll starting with the side with meat, cut in half (or don't!) and enjoy!


   This is a very simple recipe and possibilities are endless! You can even slice your Thanksgiving turkey thinly and add instead of deli meat (Am I really talking Thanksgiving in July...I swear this heat really gets to me...)

I linked this post to Family Home and Life and Frugal Follies.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy!!! They look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, this will make a great summer meal with all the hot weather we are having!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...