Friday, August 31, 2012

Haven't shared any with you for a while...

Pin It    You are probably wondering if I'm still making diaper cakes as I haven't posted any for a while. I still do but this summer was definitely slow for me. Plus I didn't really have any fun orders. By "fun" I mean challenging and unusual. Most people order the basic kinds aka brown-pink-polka dot or blue-brown combinations. I have some cake ideas that I use over and over and over. I still like to make these but every time I get an order for something new, I become somewhat anxious and giddy with excitement. Like this time:


 The girl is having a vintage carnival baby shower. They sent me a few pictures and this was my main inspiration picture for colors and patterns:

                                                       via
       (this girl had a fun but an EXPENSIVE party for her 4-year old!)

   On some other pictures that they sent me there was yellow too so I added a little bit to the other colors. After I took the pictures I realized that the cake was slightly crooked but I fixed it :) A few pictures of the details (still the crooked pictures, sorry):



Now it just needs to be wrapped and delivered.

   And it's a great start for the Savings Challenge in September for me :)

17 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! This is by far my favorite cake ever! Wohoo, on getting your Sept savings off to a goo start

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a very nice job incorporating the theme of the party into your diaper cake. How do you wrap them and transport them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually only make them locally. I only shipped once. Here I just a cellophane bag with a coordinating bow. For shipping I use tulle and put it in a huge box with lots of papers and peanuts :)

      Delete
    2. I was interested in that question too. The shipping must have been a lot. It's nice to see it arrived in one piece! whew

      Delete
    3. Depending on where you ship, it's usually $12-20. But I rarely ship because I'm yet to learn how to pack it right. Everyone tells me that I need to start an Etsy store but until I figure out what's going on with my part-time job, I'm not sure if I'm ready to take another responsibility on myself.

      Delete
  3. Soooooo cute!! I love it to bits!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours how you matched it perfect to the client's party theme. Way too cute. Another totally awesome job done by Lena !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome theme! I also do diaper cakes. I was just starting to get interest in them when we had to move across Canada :( Yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you need to post some pictures! I haven't even seen a diaper cake until I moved to the States but now I just love making them :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...