"We should certainly count our blessings,
but we should also make our blessings
Neil A Maxwell
So I wanted to make a list of things I'm grateful for this week:
- I'm grateful that my best friend lives pretty close now. We've known each other for 9 years and we've been there for each other through gains and losses, sorrow and happiness. I'm grateful that when life sucks, I can just pick up a phone and give her a call without worrying about long distance charges.
- I'm almost done with boys' room. I have two minor things to fix tomorrow and then I can share some pictures with you. So excited!!
- We had a huge storm last night with plenty of lighting and thunder, but I'm grateful for all the moisture we received. All the plants in our yard are so happy and my garden looks so perky and fresh. And we wouldn't have to water for at least two days which is always a plus :)
- I'm grateful to go to Church today. I really need some deeply spiritual and uplifting emotions.
- Hubby was very helpful yesterday. Honestly, I don't even remember when was the last time he worked that hard around the house :) He vacuumed most of the rooms in the house, cleaned the kitchen floor, washed the dishes and made dinner for the kids. Love you, dear!
- I'm excited about a Labor Day weekend and an extra day off. It's definitely going to be a labor-intensed weekend for us :)
- We get a nice amount of veggies from our garden right now. We have a tiny garden that doesn't produce enough for canning but we get plenty to eat:
Oh, and I just have to tell you about this little fella:
When my neighbor bought her vegetable plants this year, she didn't get them into the ground right away, so some of them died. Including a cucumber plant. So she sent her husband to get another one. The plant started growing really fast and eventually the vine got on an apple tree that grows in our other neighbor's yard but a third of it hangs over ours. About a couple of weeks ago my neighbor was complaining that they don't get any cucumbers. Well, last week they went on a vacation and as soon as they left, the plant started producing...squashes!! Right on the tree :) This particular little guy grows at a height of about 12 feet right now. It's especially funny because my neighbor doesn't like squash. Yesterday I picked this squashes' "brother" because she demanded that I take them off her hands:
It only grew at about 7 feet...And I will definitely put it to good use :)
So what are you grateful for today?