Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A very easy grilled chicken "marinade".

Pin It
Last Saturday we had a little get-together with our friends, and one of the things we cooked was chicken (for our non-vegan friends :)

 photo chicken_zps3f3e2380.jpg

 Every time we make this recipe, we get a ton of compliments, so I thought I would share it with you :) And it's extremely simple but gives you really tender chicken.

All you need is:

2 TB salt
1 TB sugar
8 cups water

Just mix together and put chicken in this water for 1-4 hours. Then pat dry with a paper towel and grill. You can add your favorite spices but don't add any more salt ( it will be plenty salty from the water you used). I actually rarely add anything else. But I promise you, you will get some of the juiciest chicken you've ever had!

And tomorrow I'll share how we use some of that grilled chicken in one of my other favorite recipes :)

I shared this recipes with these awesome parties:

I should be mopping the floor 
Homemaker on a Dime 
By Stephanie Lynn 
Clean & Scentsible 
Ginger Snap Crafts 
My Turn (for us)

10 comments:

  1. Yum! That is so smart. I'm always nervous about dry chicken - will have to try!

    Kristin
    ExploringDomesticity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very interesting and simple marinade. Think it'd work ok without a grill? Maybe panfried instead of using an oven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually baked it before, and it turned out pretty good but not nearly as good as on the grill :) I've never tried frying it but I think, it should work just fine!

      Delete
  3. Do you frozen chicken? Sometimes that has salt water added and I wonder how that would affect things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I've never used frozen chicken for grilling! I just always look for a good sale and then stock up :) But if you use frozen, I would, probably, cut salt in half but I'm only guessing here :)

      Delete
  4. Looks delish! I am sure your party was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, men definitely liked the chicken :)

      Delete
  5. Looks so tasty!! I'll have to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...