Wednesday, July 10, 2013

An easy chicken wrap (aka "shaurma")

Pin It

You might be wondering what "shaurma" is? Well, in many places in Russia you can find little booths that look similar to this:


These men make absolutely delicious, juicy and scrumptious chicken wraps. The meat is marinated and slowly cooked for days. I have to be honest, my version of this delicious treat is a sad duplicate..But it's very easy and still tastes pretty good :)

SO YOU WILL NEED:

Flour tortillas
Chicken breast
Tomato
Cabbage
Cucumber
Grated carrot (optional)
1 TB ketchup
1 TB mayonnaise
1 clove of garlic

HOW-TO:

First, cook chicken. I love to use leftover grilled chicken cooked using the "marinade" I shared with you yesterday. Or you can just fry it in a pan with just a little bit of oil:

 photo IMG_2594_zps7fe8d728.jpg

Then chop your veggies. I purposefully didn't put the measurements because it's really up to you but I personally like a nice amount in my "shaurmas":

 photo IMG_2593_zpse6c97af7.jpg

Now we'll prepare the sauce. For it, just smash a garlic clove with a garlic press (or mince it nicely), then mix it together with mayo and ketchup.

Now take a dry frying pan. Do not use oil! Reheat it on medium heat. Warm up tortillas, one at a time, for about 15 seconds, then spread a little bit of sauce over it and add filling. Then roll and enjoy! So easy but really-really good! If I say so myself :)

 photo IMG_2595_zps452f69da.jpg
I shared this recipe with these awesome parties:

The Shabby Nest
I should be mopping the floor
Homemaker on a Dime 
By Stephanie Lynn 
Elizabeth & Co 
Clean & Scentsible 
Ginger Snap Crafts 
My Turn (for us) 
Blissful and Domestic 
Carole's Chatter 

22 comments:

  1. I think I'll give this a try when we get ripe tomatoes. My husband likes anything in a tortilla, so I'm sure he would like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMK if he does :) It's such an easy recipe, and my husband loves it!

      Delete
  2. Sounds delicious! I'll give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lena, I will copy that. It looks good and simple! I love anything with cabbage and cucumbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lena! These look delicious:) I know what I'm making for supper tonight! These not only look delicious but healthy too~ Have a great day! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum!!! we had your sticky fingers chicken recipe Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad you like that recipe! It's one of our favorite too :)

      Delete
  6. The picture at the top reminds me of gyros from Greece. These sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think that's how they sell gyros there too. Or in Asia.

      Delete
  7. You had me at flour tortillas, chicken and tomatoes! I know it's probably more work than you'd like to, but home made tortillas take literally no time at all to make, and I swear they're super tasty. Maybe it's because we don't have any decent or good mass-produced tortillas here in MD, but the ones we have are just awful enough to discourage use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I get are pretty good...I don't know! But I think, it will be even better with homemade tortillas :)

      Delete
  8. looks really yummy. In Italy we have vendors like the one in the first picture,...the only difference is that is pork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we have some with pork too. But it's not as popular.

      Delete
  9. Hi Lena! these look delicious and super easy to make! You always have some tasty recipes to share, Thank you so much!
    Lizy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Lizy! You are so sweet :) I think, I'm learning from the best :)

      Delete
  10. That sounds so good! I'd love one for lunch :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love wraps, Lena. Looks wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...