I'm officially a Mom of a Kindergartener!! Where did the time go??? I still remember swaddling him before bed like it was yesterday. And now he's so big, handsome and smart...And I'm not just saying it because I'm his Mom...Well, not completely :) Just the other day my SIL asked him if she could come to his Birthday party to which he responded," No,it's too exclusive!" (we are having a little boys-only get together for him) What 5-year old says that?? Kids grow too fast!! And don't believe this angelic look - he does give his Mommy a fair share of grief, I promise :) But I love my boy so much and so proud of him today!!! Sniff...sniff..
OK, no more wet business. Back to my yearly goals:
- Blog at least 15 times every month. Done! I wrote 22 posts in August.
- Have a "money meeting"at least once a month with my husband. DONE! We still try to work on our budget together once a week right now, and we only skipped one because our Internet wasn't working. Other than that we are doing great!
Save enough to pay for Christmas with cash.Done in July. Now I'm only spending it :) Save as much as we can for a minivanGot it in July. If you missed it, read a post HERE
- De-clutter 366 things this year. My goal for the month of August was 50 things and I'm happy to say that 52 different things are gone from our house forever :) It brings our total for the year to 288. I'm right on track!
- Keep track of our food waste. We did great! Not much wasted either. Unfortunately, can't say the same about how I already started this month.
- Start putting again some money into retirement. Yep!! Finally!! It's only $20 per paycheck but it's a step.
- Have 1 date night every month with my husband Well, it wasn't one of the dates from the Christmas envelope but we decided to save some money last month. So instead, we used Hubby's Birthday gift from my SIL and her family. They gave us some movie passes and a gift card to Chili's. So we went to see Batman and got a take out salads. It was fun!!
- Lose 12 pounds in 2012. Nope! I'm so terrible with it!! But honestly, in the last few weeks (ever since we got a stomach bug) I haven't been feeling good. I know it's a lame excuse but it's hard to make yourself exercise when you feel yucky. But I am considering joining a Zumba class with my neighbor.
Read 12 books this year.I think I already tripled this goal by now :)
- Write in my journal at least once a week. Nah...Only wrote twice :( But I think blogging still counts :)
- Create mini-goals every month. Yep, still going strong!
Do you still work on your yearly goals? How does it go for you?