Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My March to-do list.

Pin It

I know, we are already almost a week into March but I finally figured out what I want to achieve this month:) I'm one of those people who creates a very long list and then, when I don't reach all of my goals, I tend to feel like a failure (and it doesn't matter that I achieved like 80% of it...). So this time I have a short but sweet list because I really want to achieve everything on it:
  • Finally, finish the baby blanket that I've been working on for the past two weeks (or I should say, I started it two weeks ago but never came back to it!). Mommy-to-be is due in 3 days, and I really want it to be a gift for her for when she has her sweet little boy.
  • Finish two projects around the house and post about them. Nothing big! I just have a few things that I'm working on but I need to actually FINISH at least some of them. I just have too many ideas in my head, and just not enough time (or hands) to do all the projects. But I should be able to finish at least two! I know I can, I know I can...
 
 photo 1085a693-d3b6-4b94-97ad-2bcbe0a1ae24_zpsa4e7b606.jpg
 (a sneak peak at what I'm up to this month :)

  •  Prepare our garden for the season and start planting if weather permits. This one is big!! I have a ton to do in our garden because we want to expand it this year. But I'm so excited to have our own produce, greens and herbs again. I really can't wait! 
  • Start on spring cleaning. I would love to say that I want to do it all in March but, hey, I know my limitations...But I will try to do as much as I can (even if it's just cleaning on top of the cabinets in the kitchen and washing the blinds...)
  • Start organizing the garage. Again, I'd love to be able to do it all but it's just too bad right now. We would really like to be able to actually park a car in it but we need to come up with some sort of a system because right now it just doesn't work. We cleaned it less than a year ago but we are back to square one, and our garage looks like a big dump again. Do you have a system that helps you keep your garage in order??

And that's it!  That's actually quite a bit so I better get to work :) But you know me, I can't just leave without asking how you are doing :) Do you have any goals you are working on in March? And cleaning or other projects? What's on your spring cleaning list this year?

OK, and I'm gonna go paint something...Have a good night, everyone :)

12 comments:

  1. Good luck Lena! I'm aiming to start the Spring Cleaning too. Intrigued to see your finished projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that seems to work on our garage is for us to keep the doors shut!! I would like to get all the windows washed before the end of the month and an additional Christmas gift made

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my secret too :) I try to stay away from our garage most of the time. But it's time to face my problem because Hubby wants his own working space there.

      Delete
  3. My system for the garage is the same for the rest of the house. Every time I go from the car in our attached garage to the house, I take whatever my arms can carry that doesn't belong or is obviously trash, and deal with it. So that means at least twice a day I am doing something small, so it makes it easier to maintain with very little effort. Just start small in 5-10 min chunks, and you'll be able to see results in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I want to do. We talked about it yesterday, and we decided to do it layer by layer while donating and selling everything we don't need.

      Delete
  4. My system is have a place for everything (not a dumping ground) and put everything away in it's place immediately. But with four boys, I feel like I am constantly telling everybody to put their stuff away. Wish they could understand that concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my biggest problem is that there is no space for anything in a garage:) I need to figure out some sort of organization that we can all stick to, and that's a challenge :)

      Delete
  5. Don't beat yourself up, 80% is really good I think.
    I read your blog every time you post and I think you accomplish much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I definitely have a lot of spring cleaning to do!! I'm actually planning on making a list for March of one "job" to do every day for the rest of the month!! Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had to get tough with ourselves over the garage because we always used it for overflow stuff. Then one day, the spouse gashed his leg on the broken corner of a glass coffee table and things changed LOL Now, he sorts the garage every month and is slowly whittling down his hoard. We can easily park the car in the garage whereas before it was an obstacle course. We still have too much stuff but it is becoming less and less and the key thing is .... don't bring stuff home ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...