I was really inspired today with Carla's "abundance post" . The last few days were so busy that I didn't have time at all for blogging. But after reading Carla's post, I really wanted to write a similar one because there is so much in my life to be thankful for.
- We started working on a couple of smaller projects around the house here. I received a little bit of money and some gift cards to some of my favorite stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Michaels) for my Birthday, so all the materials we bought were almost free.
- It was raining all day today. Generally I don't like rain but rain early in March means spring is near! We are getting more and more sunshine every day, and the days are getting longer. We were supposed to have dinner with friends tonight but it didn't work out, so we stayed at home instead and had a quiet evening enjoying each others' company.
- This week the kids and I went to the dentist. The little one flat refused to be seen but the Kid and I both had a regular check-up and a cleaning. The best part- no cavities!
- Our minivan has been acting up lately making strange noises, so we were really concerned about possible repairs and how much it would cost. Yesterday we took it to our friend who fixes cars. He's always honest and does a great job. Turned out that there was nothing serious with our car. Last time when we went to get the oil changed, they also topped off all the fluids in the car. Well, apparently, Honda has it's own kind of power steering fluid that only works for Hondas. After we replaced it, there were no problems any more. The price of repairs - $4.90!!
- Yesterday we went to the Kids Safety fair. It was free, and kids had a blast.
It was a perfect place for boys. They had real police cars and motorcycles, buses, fire engines and other fun vehicles. They could get in and study everything and play:
I hope it was the only time in my life when I'd find one of my kids inside a police car...
- We also went to a Kid's and baby sale in the same building where the fair was. It was great! For $12 I scored 1 Spiderman T-shirt, 1 pair of jeans, 1 vest and 1 polo shirt with long sleeves (all in great condition) for the Older Kid, and two sweaters (the same but different colors, brand new) for the Baby next year:
That's one of the sweaters that I got for the Baby. I also spent $7 on new books for my boys (with a retail value of more than $50). I love me some baby sales! The best thing about similar sales is that most of the things are in great condition because people are trying to sell their own stuff when in thrift stores, for example, are things that people got rid off. I don't buy that much clothes for the Little One, he wears what's left after his brother most of the time (and his brother had more than enough clothes) but I couldn't pass on deals like this.
- We also went to the library yesterday (I told you, we had a long day) and among other things, I got some DIY and HGTV magazines for inspiration (my husband is shaking his head already...). I love libraries! It's free and what you get from it is priceless.
- I'm just grateful for this beautiful day, for the opportunity to go to Church every Sunday and for freedom of religion, for a healthy household (finally!!), for the roof over our heads and plentiful food on our table, for the opportunities to help others, and share and serve. And of course, I'm thankful for all of you, my friends :)
So here's my "abundance" list!! Thank you again, Carla, for inspiring me to look at what I'm thankful for in my life today (and for letting all of us read your list :). We all just need to pause occasionally, count our blessings, say our prayers and give thanks.
Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!