Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Twenty ways in 20 days, day 2. Giving back.

Pin It
 Over the past two weeks my husband and I were absolutely overwhelmed by concern and care that people (at times, complete strangers) showed us. In this time of uncertainty we know we don't rely only on the Almighty or personal strength or resources but we are encircled in a cocoon of love and support.

And I feel that I wanted to give back because that's something that makes me happy. There is not much we can give financially. But there are a million of ways on how we can give without spending money. I have a few ideas but today I concentrated on one of the simplest ways to give and that is- to donate.

We have been blessed with many earthly possessions. My closet, for example, is pretty stuffed, even though I've cleaned it quite a bit already, I knew that I still had stuff to give to those who are even more in need than I am. I challenged myself to find 5 things to donate. Before I knew it, I had 10 things that I could easily live without:

 photo sweaters_zps9719b492.jpg

Plus another grocery bag filled with toys, books and other household items and knick knacks. Last Saturday, as we were driving, there was a man on the street asking for money. His sign read "I hope you will never know what this feels like". We definitely don't know how it feels not to have a roof over our head and food on our table. We are so blessed. And giving something to those in need is a very small thing that we can do.

We also want to go with our oldest to a Food Bank this year to help but apparently they have so many volunteers that we need to sign up three months in advance! :)

So what made you happy today?

If you wrote about what makes you happy on your blog (whether you are doing the challenge or not), please, link below. And if you don't have a blog, still share how you are doing in comments :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...