Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Zucchini mini-quiches.

Pin It

Most of you know that we are experiencing an abundance of zucchinis this year, so I'm always on the look-out for new recipes. I stumbled upon this delicious recipe on a Russian forum and tweaked it to my liking (and budget - all pictures are mine):

 photo IMG_2789_zps2053e686.jpg

You will need:

1 small zucchini
3 medium eggs
1/2 cup cottage cheese(small curd)
1 1/2 TB flour
4 TB grated mozzarella
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 green onion spear

How-to:

1. First, drain cottage cheese a little bit. For that, I just put it in a colander over a soup bowl while I'm working on the rest of the recipe (if you are really-really frugal, you can add this "water" to your pancake dough later):

 photo IMG_2772_zps7b724a21.jpg

2. Reheat your oven to 350F. Spray a muffin form with oil and flour really well. This particular recipe makes about 7-8 muffin size quiches.

3. Grate zucchini and chop onions nicely:

 photo IMG_2773_zps4b48566b.jpg

4. Whisk together eggs, cottage cheese and flour until there are no more lumps, then add the rest of the ingredients:

 photo IMG_2779_zps4231b29e.jpg

5. Pour into prepared muffin form and bake for about 30 min. Cool down for a few minutes and enjoy!

Yum! It's definitely our new favorite. And the kids even eat zucchinis now :)

 photo IMG_2785_zps464eae4d.jpg
I shared this post with these awesome parties:

The REAL Housewives of Riverton 
Family Home and Life 
My Turn (for us) 
Blissful and Domestic 
By Stephanie Lynn 
Homemaker on a Dime 
This Gal Cooks

15 comments:

  1. Quiches have always intrigued me, though I've never seen one with cottage cheese. I'll have to try it for sure. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you :) I like quiches, and I think, it's a great vegetarian option with cottage cheese. Or you could replace it with ricotta.

      Delete
  2. I love quiches. I like the idea of no pastry and making them in a muffin tray is such a good idea. Good for portion control.
    Thanks for the great post.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's why I like that they are made in muffin tins too! Thank you, Carol!

      Delete
  3. I'm having a bumper crop of zucchini this year, too. I will have to give your recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked 5 big zucchinis yesterday and Adam picked almost that many 2 days before. We had a delicious garden soup last night, but I'll make sure to buy enough eggs this week to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, garden soup sounds really good! I wish, my boys liked chunks of zucchinis in their food...I have to use disguise :)

      Delete
  5. Looks fabulous! I've been wanting zucchini for bread & zucchini chocolate chip cookies (YUM!), but so far, we've got nothing. The cucumber are starting to ripen, so maybe the zucchini won't be far behind. I love quiche & will have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got a couple of cucumbers so far but my zucchinis have exploded this year :) By the end of this week, I'll pick about 20! Lots of grilling here on the menu :)

      Delete
  6. We make a zucchini quiche but have always baked it in a 9x13 pan. I love the idea of making them minis and will have to do this next time.
    I would love for you to link up to the Krafty Inspiration Thursday Link Party over at Krafty Cards etc. http://kraftycardsetc.blogspot.com/2013/07/krafty-inspiration-thursday-link-party-1.html
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.
    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look SO delicious! I love love love zucchini and have been using it so much this summer!!! These little quiches sound like a great way to use it too!!!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...