Friday, July 18, 2014

The Frugal Fridays. Guess what I got??

Pin It
 photo 922ded92-92af-46f3-9045-427cfdc7521a_zpsf99b434c.jpg

Yesterday a good friend of mine stopped by. We see each other occasionally but it's been a while since she actually stopped by our house. She's been one of my faithful readers over the past couple of years (hey, hey :) and she really wanted to see all of the different projects she had seen on the blog. As we were taking a small tour, she mentioned how much stuff - furniture etc. - was originally bought used and then fixed, repainted or redone in some other way if needed. I've never really thought of it but it's so true.

I just hate paying full price for anything! More than I thought, in fact. And what we do buy/get usually lasts us for years and years.  So now that we are slowly buying new things for the nursery, it's quite exciting :) But yes, it's a slow process because I'm still looking for the best deal whether we are planning to buy brand-new or used. And do you remember about my woes of finding an inexpensive dresser that would serve as a changing table too? Well, I found exactly what we need (insert a loud "wohoo" here!!!):

 photo IMG_1338_zpse2830ab7.jpg

It's really sturdy and nice. But as you can see, it needs some help. It has a few scratches and scrapes (an easy fix), some screws need to be tightened and knobs replaced (guess, who is going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow?? Looks like they might be having their 50% sale on all of the knobs and handles) but mostly it just needs a really good wash.

It has a changing area on the top too that can be later removed to turn it into a regular dresser:

 photo IMG_1341_zps8e504cca.jpg

And how much did I pay for this "beauty"?? Ha, I'm not going to tell you :) Yet. How about you guess instead?

So how much do you think I paid for this dresser? And if you are really curious, come back tomorrow, wink wink ;)

7 comments:

  1. Yay! looks like it will be perfect once you do your magic on it. My guess is $75

    ReplyDelete
  2. FREE? So happy you found what you can use/need in the nursery. I believe God keeps his ears open when his children have a want'needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing find! I'm guessing you paid $25.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea. I love how you find so many good deals.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...